Richards-Wilcox Conveyor Systems offers finishing systems to suit a host of industry needs. Organizations searching for simple spray-finishing solutions and large-scale robotic systems alike can work with our experienced staff to find the right product for their needs.
RW Conveyors provides industry professionals with flexible solutions when an overhead model isn’t enough. We monorail systems, power & free systems, automatic control, and fully installed systems for finishing conveyor applications.
We specialize in a number of finishing applications that will help your products stand out from the competition:
- Powder coating can be thought of as paint minus a solvent component. It’s applied electrostatically while completely dry as free-flowing powder. We then cure this coating using heat to finish off the process. Powder coating offers excellent durability: when cured, it’s actually harder than conventional paint. The procedure generates a minimal amount of waste, benefiting the environment along with your bottom line.
- Wet paint finishing tends to be the finish of choice for applications too heat-sensitive for powder coating. This traditional finishing method has become more advanced over the years, but the basics remain unchanged: workers apply liquid paint to a metal product using a spray, pump, or pressurized vessel and allow it to dry into a durable, aesthetically pleasing finish.
- Dip line finishing systems hang parts and then immerse them in dip tanks before pulling them back out. These tanks can hold a variety of different chemicals for different purposes. Parts can generally expect to go through some combination of a prewash, a chemical pretreatment, and a cleaning process for preparation purposes. We then dip parts in electrophoretic coatings and wet paint for final paint finishing.
- Electrophoretic painting process (E-coating) uses electrical currents to attract paint to a metal surface through an immersion system. Parts are charged opposite of the paint particles suspended in a fluid bath before being dipped into the liquid. The paint particles then build up over the part’s surface to form an even and low-profile film.
Industries that use these procedures:
- General fabrication
- Contract furnishing
- Consumer goods
Types of Conveyor Systems
Standard (Monorail) Systems
Monorail systems are simple and efficient, working well for those searching for low initial setup costs. These systems can be manual push or powered using a continuous chain, powering the chain as it leaves the drive unit and suspending parts by variety of pendant options. Monorail systems follow one path and greatly benefit straightforward processes.
RW Conveyors builds several different kinds of monorail systems:
- Safe-Rail Monorail Enclosed Track Conveyors
- Zig-Zag Monorail Enclosed Track Conveyors
- PAintLine Inverted Monorail Conveyors
Power and Free Systems
Overhead power and free conveyors offer users unparalleled flexibility for a variety of parts and processes. They can stop and start parts easily, offer multiple speeds, divert to multiple locations, and provide part-tracking options as needed. These systems use pusher dogs to engage and disengage connections between chains and trolleys.
RW Conveyors offers several high-end power and free conveyor systems:
- Twin-Trak Side-by-Side Conveyors
- OveR-Way Heavy Duty Over and Under Conveyors
- OveR-Way Inverted Floor Mounted Conveyors
Use RW Conveyors for Your Finishing Projects
While smaller operations may see great success with monorail systems, companies that require flexibility or fill high-volume orders may make the jump into power and free systems.
No matter your project’s requirements, our experienced consultants will work with you to develop optimized belt and finishing solutions. Contact us to request a quote today or find out which applications and systems are right for your organization.
Conveyors for Material Handling
What do you need to do? Move it, bend it, weld it with the help of Richards-Wilcox Overhead Conveyors.
Applications: Appliance, Automotive, Aerospace, Agricultural, Architectural, Consumer Goods
Conveyors for Manufacturing Assembly
Learn why overhead delivery of parts for assembly can be an efficient and cost effective.
Applications: Automotive, Appliance, Telecom, Contract Furnishings, Electronics, Consumer Goods
Conveyors for Distribution
Big Box or Little Box, Richards-Wilcox can keep your Distribution Center running lean, efficient and trash free.
Applications: Retail, Order Fulfillment, Tote and Box Delivery, Stock Warehousing, Trash Removal
Conveyors for Work in Process and Parts Storage, Accumulation & Retrieval
The storage and retrieval of batched or mixed batch WIP can be simplified with a Richards-Wilcox Overhead Conveyor and integrated controls.
Applications: Automotive, Appliance, Telecom, Electronics, Contract Furnishings, Consumer Goods, Aerospace